Monday, August 14, 2006


OK SO I'M A LITTLE LATE ON MY LOLLA' REPORT...
I've been a little busy for the past week and a half, in fact its been terribly hectic (i'll get into later) but anyways, if you read Cory's blog entry on the trip, then you know the trip was incredible all around, now, if you didnt' read Cory's blog entry on the trip then you not only know nothing about the trip, but your level of jackassery is immeasureable.
Basically, I loved every moment of the trip, and I don't want to tell stories that have already Been told much better than I could, but i'm just going to say, I GOT TO SEE KANYE WEST BITCHES!!!! Not only (not to brag....ok maybe just a little) did I see Kanye up close but I found my way in front of a MTVNEWS cameraman, the asked if i wanted to get interviewed, and of course I said "yes" followed by my yelling to the crowd asking for the hottest girls to crowd around (yeah i know they weren't coming over there to me cause I was hot stuff, they just wanted to get seen on tv), in short, We got interviewed on our excitement about seeing Kanye (so much so that I stumbled over alot of my words).
Oh boys and girls, shit hit the fan about 5 minutes later...I hear the mystic beginning sounds of "Diamonds of Sierra Leone" and I, along with the 100,000+ crowd start jumping like fools out there, It seemed that in my 5 ours of standing there waiting on Mr. West (along with getting the see the awesome Alt Soul sounds of Gnarls Barkley and the hypnotic Beats from Common) I had been separated from my little cronies that went on this trip with me. Oh and i must mention this one utterly gorgeous blonde from Canada that was dancing next to me, This lady was absolutely breathtaking, and so i made every attempt at every quasi-cheap line I could spit out. There's one thing you have to realize at a concert, you'll aways get upstaged by the guy ONstage, and so, she barely heard a word I said, damn you Kanye.....
OH and btw, I have to say, Gnarls Barkley never ceases to amaze the HELL out of me with there themed outfits that they put together for not only promotional photos but their shows as well...I've seen Ceelo and Danger-Mouse in Star Wars Attire, Freddy and Jason costumes, and Napoleon Dynamite just to name a few, and they didn't dissapoint with all tennis gear at Lolla' '06 with Ceelo launching tennis balls out to the crowd with a great backswing from the racket!! yikes

3 comments:

Cory said...

If you ever come across yourself on Youtube or MTV.com, please post the link immediately! I'm dying to see it.

Tina said...

I did it ....

I found him~

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-59D_GS0g

Cory said...

Wow Derek, THAT'S what you've been up to in Iowa?