Wednesday, August 16, 2006






WANNA KNOW WHERE I BEEN THE PAST TWO WEEKS? YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE
Davenport, a trip that was supposed to be my short moment of relaxation after the Lollapalooza exhaustion. I got here last Monday evening, and I was SUPPOSED to be back possibly around Satuday (of last week mind you). Between Mon and Sat there was that wonderful Pluckers Challenge (which you can read about below), the trip to the Gym to hoop it up and of course, what is a vacation with hitting the water? You see, my sister resides in Davenport, which is on the very edge of Iowa, about 10 minutes from Illinios in fact. They (my sister and her friend) had plans to make this little 5 day trip a mini-adventure I guess, when in reality, you can't get much done in half a week now can you?
Lets see, the most notable little tidbit i guess would be the trip to the the pool (dont' ask why, just know that i'm not the greatest of little swimmers) so they (jackass sister and friend) take it upon themselves to show me the way, to guide me to become the next Johnny Weismuller (i've always wanted to make a reference to him....). In short, I suck, i'm assuming that i just don't have what it takes to be a swimmer (keep in mind I was being outdone by 7 and 8 year olds near me). So instead, I settled for posing in the water for my sister's snap happy friend....


Right Said Fred has NOTHIN' on this.....hehe

I have to be careful here, people who take pictures like this, are the exact people who i love to insult for being too self-absorbed, but i just, well i'm just....too sexy ok! i'm too sexy for this blog in fact! Ok....now that i got that out of me...

Overall swimming with great, it was warm outside, very attractive lifeguards (or alteast they are when the water in your eyes make you squint, honestly..they could have been men lifeguards...who knows). And besides the playful toddlers who could jump off higher diving boards than me, I had a great time.

Ok, so then Saturday slides along...I had every intention of sliding home safely, getting to my room and begin preparing to pack my stuff up (I have to move back to Eku by sunday the 20th) And the not so unthinkable happens, we get sidetracked, My sister Rena (who has divertoticulosis already) discovers (not by herself, thank the doctors for that) that she has a hole in her intestines, long story short...i'm still here...and she has surgery tommorow morning. Not to buzzkill my entry or anything, but just keep the ol' girl in your prayers people. Anywho, all in all the moral of the story is, (and its cliche as hell but still) EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. For the past month, every plan that i've had, or made has not only fell through, but in its place a not so enjoyable situation has replaced it.

So with the hectic nature of my trip, it will continue in that fashion, I wont' get back to KY until sunday morning, and I have to be in my dorm (that means pack all my shit and say my goodbyes) by 5pm the same day, ridiculous.

Oh and because I love all you jackasses...Here's a couple pics from my trip...



oh i neglected to mention that on my vacation, i had to babysit..3 kids

I don't know what she's doing,....at all

having as much fun as you possibly could in a hospital room

and finally........................

DONT' ASK.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Wow... uhm, next time you question The Beard's sexuality I'm going to pull that last picture out of thin air...

every time.